Looking for something sweet and healthy…and an activity?
Here’s a super easy recipe (adapted from Dr. Sears) for making your own protein bars. They’re full of good things, but you can still just call them candy bars if you’d like.
- 1 cup of your favorite protein powder
- 2 cups oats or granola (or even a low/no-sugar cereal)
- 1/2 cup your favorite chopped nuts
- 1/2 cup raisins or dried cranberries (if you have them)
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup of your favorite nut butter (preferably natural/no-sugar)
- In a large bowl, stir together the dry ingredients
- Add the wet ingredients, stir to combine thoroughly (you’ll get a bit of a workout here)
- Press mixture into 9 x 13 pan
- Cover pan
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour
- When mixture is solid, cut into bars of any shape and size
- Keep bars refrigerated
Staying at home? Stay healthy with expert coaching, resources, and support. Healthy at Home is my new program that combines the most effective strategies in Health Coaching with the convenience and simplicity you need right now.
Have questions about maintaining good nutrition, movement, or mindset these days? Contact Voci Health Works with your questions. No need to be a client.